COVID19 ECONOMIC IMPACT
REAL TIME TRACKING
This page provides weekly data on the impact of COVID19 on the Australian economy. The information is provided by leading credit bureau, illion, in partnership with economists at AlphaBeta. For further information including access to greater frequency, additional variables and detailed analysis of industries and geographies, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This research is sourced from customer-consented anonymised data used by illion to undertake research, analysis and product development. The data has been weighted to the Australian census to account for population biases.
- Credit applications are a sign of consumer confidence and a leading indicator of consumption.
- The number of credit applications has fallen sharply since the week commencing 1 March, have stabilised over the last few weeks and are now down around 30% in most states.
- This map shows change in financial distress by LGA.
- This metric will take some time to come through as the crisis deepens.
- It’s too early to see the impact of the crisis on credit scores which tend to lag the economy.
- Failure risks are expected to rise over time.